Project RENEW is seeking a qualified, capable and enthusiastic Vietnamese national candidate for the position of Mine Risk Education (MRE) Program Assistant. The post holder will be based in Project RENEW Office in Dong Ha, Quang Tri.
- Effectively coordinate, follow up with local implementing partners for monthly activity implementation and reports.
- Facilitate and support Youth Union members and school teachers in conducting integrated MRE sessions at the Mine Action Visitor Center.
- Pay field visits to supervise and monitor activities in the community from time to time as required.
- Support the Program Officer in drafting periodical reports.
- Enter the activity report into Information Management System for Mine Action (IMSMA) on a monthly basis.
- Support the Program Officer on logistical issues for training MRE collaborators.
- Help identify strengths and weaknesses of the MRE activities and come up with new ideas to improve the program.
- Ensure that gender mainstreaming is being integrated into every aspect of MRE Programs as well as with the Community Reporting Network (CRN) collaborators.
- Ensure that the requirements outlined by the donor(s) are being respected and followed.
- Able to confidently speak in public.
- Bachelor of English, Social Science and Humanity or Social Work with fluent English speaking & writing skills.
- At least one-year experience with communication job, social works, especially with an NGO, is an advance.
- Be willing and able to travel to communities and make field visits as required.
- Experience working with children and youth, people with disabilities, ethnic minorities and other disadvantaged groups.
- Knowledge of gender dynamics, gender issues, and gender mainstreaming.
- Be able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and handling multiple tasks.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a CV and a cover letter to Project RENEW via e-mail address to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 15 November 2015 with a start date as soon as possible. Women, people with disability and ethnic minorities are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
20,089 total views, 1 views today