Housing exhibits, images, and constantly updated documents and professional tour guide (who speaks English and Vietnamese), the Mine Action Visitor Center provides visitors with information of the devastation of the Vietnam War, its consequences and the recovery from loss, pains and poverty by the people as well as efforts of the government, people, and international organizations to respond to this challenge.
The Center also serves as an education facility for the younger generations born after the war.
In addition to exhibits, the Center offers these other guest services:
- Media Theater for viewing international and national documentary and archive footage covering the war and its consequences.
- Café serving hot and cold beverages, fruits and snacks.
- Free wi-fi, desktops with Internet cable connections.
- Souvenir Booth featuring books, DVDs, and locally made handicrafts for sale.
- Clean restrooms with disability access.
Opening hours: 08:00 a.m. 05:00 p.m. Monday – Friday.
(For weekend booking, please contact in advance)
Getting to the Center:
Arriving in Dong Ha northbound on Highway 1A (Le Duan Street):
- Turn left onto Ly Thuong Kiet Street (turn right if southbound).
- Stay on Ly Thuong Kiet Street for approximately 2 km.
- About 150 m after Ly Thuong Kiet Street intersects with Hung Vuong St. (intersection marked by large VietinBank Building on the northeast corner), turn left into the Kids First Village where the Visitor Center is located.
16,460 total views, 9 views today