Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) is an Oslo-based Humanitarian organization working in the fields of Mine Action and Development. NPA’s Vietnam Programme is primarily based on Mine Action and runs three projects in Hue and Quang Tri. NPA Vietnam is seeking qualified, enthusiastic, experienced Vietnamese national applicants for the position of Interpreter/Translator. The post holder will be based in NPA-RENEW project office in QUANG TRI.
Area of responsibility:
- The Interpreter shall, under the guidance of the NPA Operations Manager (NPAOM) be responsible for all translation and interpretation of technical and non-technical issues for the program.
- The interpreter is fully conversant with Standard Operating Procedures and guidelines/technical terms used in operations.
- He/she should accompany the NPAOM, TFM during all operational visits and meetings/workshops, unless otherwise directed.
- During operations, the interpreter shall be the link between the local population, field teams, and the NPAOM and TFM.
- He/she must interpret & translate accurately and clearly in a firm/confident manner and accurate/on time when required. Never attempt to include his/her own view or ideas into the translation.
- He/she is to provide interpretation for training course, meetings, and workshops when required.
- He/she is required to frequently travel and stay in other provinces as business required.
- He/she may have to work at weekends and/or evenings as required.
- Bachelor of English with fluent English Speaking/writing skills
- Experience working as interpreter/translator with international NGOs for at least 2 years
- Good skills in IT Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet
Interested candidates are requested to submit a CV and a cover letter to NPA Vietnam via e-mail address to email@example.com or Project RENEW Coordination Office at Kids first Village, Alley 185 Ly Thuong Kiet Street, Dong Ha City, Quang Tri Province. The application time is 16-30 June, 2016. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.