Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) is an Oslo-based Humanitarian organization working in the fields of Mine Action and Development. NPA’s Vietnam Programme is primarily based on Mine Action and runs 03 projects in Hue and Quang Tri. NPA Vietnam is seeking qualified, enthusiastic, experienced Vietnamese national applicants for the position of Interpreter/Translator. The post holder will be based in NPA-RENEW project office in Quang Tri Province.
The Interpreter is responsible for and must ensure the followings:
- The interpreter is fully conversant with Standard Operating Procedures and guidelines/technical terms used in operations.
- He/she must wear the issued uniform and suitable footwear while working in the field.
- He/she should accompany the Technical Field Manager (TFM) during all operational visits and meetings/workshops, unless otherwise directed.
- He/she must report to the TFM at the end of the working day for confirmation of end of duties or further assignments.
- During operations, the interpreter shall be the link between the local population, field teams, and the TFM.
- He/she must interpret & translate accurately and clearly in a firm/confident manner and accurate/on time when required. Never attempt to include his/her own view or ideas into the translation.
- He/she is to provide interpretation for training course, meetings, and workshops when required.
- He/she is required to frequently travel and stay in other provinces as business required.
- He/she may have to work at weekends and/or evenings as required.
- Any other task or duty as assigned by the TFM and Operation Manager.
- Bachelor of English with fluent English Speaking/writing skills
- Experience working with an international NGO is preferred.
- Able to handle confidential information appropriately.
- Proven ability to work in a team and as individual effectively.
- Able to work under stress to meet tight deadlines and handling multiple tasks.
- Self-motivated, independent and proactive
- Good skills in IT Office applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet
Interested candidates are requested to submit a CV and a cover letter to NPA Vietnam via e-mail address to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is April 24, 2015 at 5 pm with a start date as soon as possible. Women and disabled people are encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
1,732 total views, 0 views today